Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mission's Missions Complete

A final farewell.

Before setting off for Peru our team met every month to discuss, plan and prepare. Our objectives, or mission statement, were three things: no flash banging, we needed to bathe in God's grace and we needed to die first, then go. [Ask someone from the team to explain further]

At our debrief this morning (and partly the night before) we established that our objectives had been completed. We each have a story. We each were touched by our trip. We soaked up God's awesomeness and reveled in his glory and grace. We touched others simply by being ourselves and depending on God to give us supernatural strength to push through. Our individual gifts were able to shine together only because God used us in a powerful way. Three main events each day at a non-stop pace would have knocked many down, but not when it is for God's work.


Our trip was complete and we had no complications on our return. We set out as 29 very different people and that is not the way we returned. We've returned different, rejuvenated and we have experienced something, as a team and individually, that many will not fully comprehend. I do, however, hope this blog has opened that window a bit. 

I am sad to write this final blog post for the 2012 Mancora, Peru trip. I was very happy to let all of you in on our mission and to see the joy God allowed our team to bring. I thank you for your comments, prayers, encouragements and support. For each prayer request I mentioned it was answered very quickly and I know all of your prayers are largely responsible.


 ====================================================================

Sorry for the intrusion on the hugs and happiness, but it had to be done.

Please continue to pray for our team. Pray that we'll each be able to take our learned dependence on God to another level and continue to work for Him. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Quote of the Day: [It's not a quote because I lost my piece of paper] Andrea would like to marry someone special...;)

Picture of the Day:

You can't help but tear up...

1 comment:

  1. I have no words to express what my heart feels... we spent the rest of the day listening to Isabella telling us how Mancora changed "their lives", how God touched every heart and how "His presence" flooded that place. This is not only amazing, but its even more amazing to hear several times from her mouth... I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE. It was at that time that I realized that "the mission had been accomplished".
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete